Tuesday, November 23, 2010

While we try to teach our children about life, our children teach us what life is all about

If I could go back to before I had my first baby, these are the things I would tell myself:


It's okay to make mistakes

Your heart will grow exponentially the second you see your baby

Babies are made out of rubber

There will be long nights and tough days - but they will all be worth it

No one is perfect.

Save yourself the trouble and skip the bassinet. Everyone will sleep better if you cosleep

Cherish the time you spend nursing your babies.

You will love your husband even more once you see him with your kids

You will care so deeply for your children that your body aches

You will be completely humbled, and you will never forget the first time their tiny voice says "I love you, Mommy"

No comments: