Saturday, November 27, 2010

'Bout that time, eh chaps?

You know what time I mean! Time to decorate for the holidays. We pulled all of our boxes of decorations out today. At some point, as I was beginning to break a sweat from all of the hauling, I turned to the Hubbin' and asked "How did we get so much Christmas stuff?"

The Hubbin', who has been saying the same thing every year since we've been married, just shook his head and handed the next box over.

I would show you pictures of my decorating (mad skillz, yo), but so far all I've truly managed to do is switch out all of the dishes, both everyday and china, for Christmas plates, and make an epic mess. There is nary a flat surface to be found that isn't covered with packing paper, strewn decorations, or everyday bric-a-brack and decor waiting to be put in the attic. To walk from the bedroom to the front door requires careful planning, and frequently, assistance.

I think I may have a problem.

But Santa is coming! I know him!

PS - Tomorrow is tree day! The day when we pack the family in the car, drive to practically West Virginia, and scour the farm for the perfect tree. Yay!

No comments: