Saturday, November 06, 2010

Crunching Numbers

I was looking over my blog after posting the other day (ha! Yes! I was posting!) and I happened to notice the sidebar of my blog, which keeps a convenient tally of the number of posts I have made.

I learned two very important things that day:

#1 - I have been blogging since 2005. 2005! I can't believe this blog is five years old. Happy birthday times five, or something.

#2 - Clearly, the blogging novelty has worn off in those past five years, as the number of posts has been on the decline since then. I started off strong with 111 posts the first year, which dipped to 49, 50, 58, 97, and now, with this post I'll be at a super lame 27 blog posts for 2010.

I've made this special chart for you to see exactly how badly I suck at blogging. Also, apparently I suck at graph making also, because I had to procure an excessive amount of help from the Hubbin' in making this automatically generated graph.*


I imagine my internal monologue to run something along the lines of "Okay, it's 2005, and I effing LOVE blogging. Except for now it's 2006, and I sort of sucked at life, but I'll do better next year, and a little better the year after that, and the one after that. Then I'll really swoop in with some sort of blitzkrieg blogging frenzy in year five!" And then year six came along, and let's all make that cartoon-character-falling-off-a-cliff noise. Bzooo0000OOOoooooo....CRASH.

I must have run out of things to talk about. As evidenced by this random post about nothing. With graphs!

*Also he had to explain to me how I've been blogging for "5 years" but had six yearly values for my chart. I'm still not certain I understand, but it's been a long day, and quite frankly, BlogFans, I don't give a damn.

No comments: