Sunday, November 29, 2009

Let the chaos begin

The house is in a state of evolution from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Sometimes, I swear I'm the only nut who decorates for Thanksgiving. I can't help it, I enjoy the fall decor, the pumpkins, the cornucopias, the spicy sweet smelling candles in oranges and burgundy.

But it's time to switch gears, and head into the Christmas season. Which aside from the normal tree hunting (which happens tomorrow!), and outdoor lights (which I have no part of), I also feel the need to clear out the china hutch, and replace the Waterford china with Christmas china. As if that wasn't enough, I also replace our everyday dishes with Christmas dishes. This, naturally, means that all Christmas dishes must be run on a quick rinse cycle through the dishwasher, all china needs to be wiped down and packed up. All in all, it's a very involved process that the Hubbin' rolls his eyes at.

As it stands right now, there are Christmas decorations in boxes from one end of the house to the other. Decorations silently pleading to be put away before sticky toddler hands break them.

So far, the going is rough. I'm still not quite recovered from famiglia, and I'm certainly not recovered from black friday shopping (which, have I mentioned lately was a total bust? I'm so peeved). Though I have high hopes for finishing up my shopping during cyber Monday and the Bizarre Bazaar.

It's not even December, yet? Why do I have this overwhelming panic that things won't get done in time? Why?

No comments: