Sunday, August 09, 2009

Tiny Dancer

All of last week, Cecilia went to "Princess Ballet Camp" in Alexandria. I'm not positive what exactly she thought ballet entailed, but I don't think it was quite what she expected. Friday, after five days of three hour per day practices, they put on a mini recital. Before they danced, the teacher asked each ballet student something about princesses. Answers ranged from "Princesses never tell lies," to "Princesses wear sparkly crowns." When they got to Cecilia, her answer was "Princesses have Princes." Keep an eye on that one, Daddy.

The music started and my Mommy-Heart swelled and, of course, I cried.




Wands up!





Hopping?





Crown? Check. Wand? Check. Sparkly skirt? Check. Totally Princess.






All of the Princesses





Mommy, if you ever show this to anyone, I will bite you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I think I just fell in love with your little ones all over again....*sigh* Love, love, LOVE!!!! :o)

Mary Kate said...

Our daughter goes to Tiny Dancers too, although at the Fairfax studio. She just loves it. It's her third year and she can't wait for class each week. The costumes are adorable!!