Monday, June 15, 2009

In My Daughters Eyes

On Sunday, we were driving home from my mother-in-law's house, and since we were within 45 miles of it, I made Evan stop in Hoboken for a slice of Gio's Pizza, and a sandwich from Vito's Deli.  

Since there has not been an open parking spot in Hoboken since 1947, we double parked in front of the deli, and Evan ran in to pick up our sandwiches.  It had been a while since we've been there, and a little (somewhat trashy) lingerie shop opened up a few doors down, and we were conveniently parked right in front of their giant windows.  

I spent most of the time convincing Cecilia that Hoboken was not, in fact, Sesame Street, despite her protests of how much the big brownstones looked like Sesame Street and Hooper's Store.  The abundance of pigeons, which she dubbed "Like Burt's Bernice!" didn't help my case, either.

But I digress.  After I finally convinced her that we were only in Hoboken, the backseat grew quiet.

Suddenly she piped up loudly, pointing out her window:

"Look Mommy!  It's like you!  It's like you in that store!  There you are!  In red!  Mommy!  There you are!!"

Much to my amusement and chagrin, my three year old was pointing to a mannequin in the window of the lingerie shop, who happened to be wearing a hooker red sparkly baby doll nightie, and sporting a bleach blonde wig with blunt cut bangs:

Well, if that isn't a dead ringer for me, I don't know what is.  

No comments: