Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Cooking with Saki

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.  I don't love breakfast at breakfast appropriate times, opting instead for several cups of coffee (mmm....coffee...), but I have to say that this recipe rocks my socks.  I have a striking inability to mess up all homemade banana bread, and most muffins.  My kids, however, happen to love banana muffins.  I hate making boxed muffins, as they are filled with god only knows what kind of preservatives, and you can always tell that they aren't homemade.  As with most of my favorite recipes, this one comes from a beautiful and very dear friend, Lindsay.

Normally, this would be the point in the post where I tell you to get yourself together and go to the store, but this recipe is so easy you probably already have everything on hand.  Go check, because you will need:

1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/4 tsp. baking powder
4 ripe bananas
1/2 c. softened butter (not melted)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour

Cream together the butter and sugar.  Add the eggs, mixing until well blended.  Slowly add the dry ingredients so as not to make a giant mess on your counter tops.  In a blender, blend together bananas and vanilla until it is pureed.  Add this to the mixing bowl, and give it a stir.  Pour into muffin tins, and bake at 375 for about 15 mins, or until muffins are a dark golden brown and cooked through out.  

Eat them hot with a little butter, and try to control yourself, because they really are that good.  

No comments: