Thursday, June 11, 2009

How to Save a Life

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life



It's that time of year again, everyone.  The National Bone Marrow Registry is doing their annual sign up drive!  There is usually a $100 fee for signing up, as the bio-typing is quite costly, but now through June 22nd, 2009, the fee is waived, and you can save a life for free!

Most of you know, my mom was diagnosed with end of life stage leukemia.  Her body was shutting down, her white cellcount was over 600,000.

It is because of donated bone marrow that she is alive today.  To see me get married, to see my children born, to see my sister graduate high school and then college, all because of a bone marrow donor.

The typing is easy, you guys.  They will mail you 4 giant Q-Tips.  Stick 'em in your mouth, swish a bit, then put them in the pre-paid envelope that came with it, stick it in your mailbox, and that's it, you're done.  Just like that, you're on the registry.

So please, go sign up.  It's easy, it's painless, and you could save a life.

No comments: