Thursday, November 03, 2005

My Rant To The World

And dissertation on why I hate everyone:


It seems I am surrounded by stupidity, arrogance, obscene self-centeredness (Yes, it's a word, because it's my blog and I said so), and utter incompetence. The aforementioned conditions does not a happy Saki make. The simple act of going to the grocery store, or bank has begun to cause my head to throb at the mere thought.

Why can't people just be normal and kind? I must have missed the memo about the whole "Do unto others" thing being changed to "Fuck everyone else. Only you matter, highness." I try to have patience, but I can't help but shake my head as the man in front of me at the checkout berates the teenaged cashier because the register didn't take off the twenty cents he was entitled to, reducing her to sniffles. On the way out of the parking lot, he nearly ran over an elderly man who was clearly in the pedestrian right of way crosswalk. I wonder what meeting/event/tryst/nap was so important that he showed that much blatant disregard for other people.

But you know, I could handle it if it was only him - or someone like him - once a day, every other day, etc. But it's becoming more and more common, and now when I go out, an encounter with a pleasant person is a rarity, and after said encounter, I feel obligated to tell other people "You wouldn't believe the nice person I talked to today at the bookstore..."

Lauren's idea of becoming a hermit with my knitting is sounding more and more appealing.

2 comments:

:lauren: said...

see? sometimes i have good ideas. :)

Saki said...

You know what I hate more than people who hold up the line? People who let their beast-children run amuck in the store. Throwing things, screaming, running, I can't even deal with it. I'd rather wait an hour in a quiet line than have to shop in the same section as OblivionMom and BeastChild