Tuesday, April 26, 2011

5 years ago

Five years ago today, I delivered a beautiful baby girl. She was the smallest person I had ever seen. She healed my heart and changed me forever. Happy birthday, Cecilia. You're perfect.


Everything
she sees she says she wants.
Everything
she wants I see she gets.
Everything
I say she takes to heart.
Everything
she takes she takes apart.
Every time
she blinks she strikes somebody blind.
Everything
she thinks blows her tiny mind.
That's my daughter in the water.
Everything she owns I bought her.
Everything she owns.
That's my daughter in the water.
Everything she knows I taught her.
Everything she knows.
That's my daughter in the water
I lost every time I fought her.
I lost every time.
Who'd have ever thought?
Who'd have ever thought?

1 comment:

tv vanavond said...

she is good looking.......