Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Dammit, Fuddy!

This past Sunday was my sisters' last crew race. Although it's fun to go watch, the rowers are far enough out in the water that they can't hear anything but their coxswain yelling at them.



If you know my family, you then know that this is unacceptable to us, so we set about to thinking of ways to be particularly obnoxious on race days.

I suggested the beloved bubble machine - if they can't hear us, they'd at least see us. Besides, everyone loves bubbles.

A megaphone was also suggested, as was a foghorn and airhorn. In keeping with the "horn" suggestions, I said "OH!! We should get one like the car in the Dukes of Hazzard!"

Fuddy put his arm around me and said "A dixie horn? You dun' been in the South too long, darlin'

GAH. move me hooooooome!

No comments: