Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I had a dream...

Last night I had the most bizarre dream. This pregnancy has been full of odd dreams, but this one really got me, and I've been thinking about it all day while slaving over my petunia beds in the front yard.


I was walking in the woods with Evan, my parents and sister. It wasn't winter, because we weren't bundled up, but there was still bits of slushy snow in the shady spots, so early spring, maybe? We were walking in a row, my father leading, then my mother, my sister, I was behind her, and Evan was behind me.

I could smell the wet earth and leaves, and feel the soil squishing under my shoes. It was overcast, but the clouds were a very light grey, making things fairly bright. I was watching my sisters ponytail bob in front of me as she walked, and then the next thing I knew, my Aunt Jennie was beside me.

I was pretty upset, seeing as how she died in May 2002, and I looked to see if anyone else could see her, but my whole family was just walking along this path in the woods.

She started talking to me, I could feel her breath on my cheek, feel the curls of her hair brushing against mine. She told me my mom would have to go to the hospital in January, but not to worry, because it would be okay. She said that the baby would be here on the 1st of May, and that my Grandfather watched over me everyday to make sure she and I are both okay. She said "Even" (She always did call Evan that) was a good man, with a good heart, and he loved me more than he shows on most days. She told me she loved me, and to keep an eye out for my sister. And then she squeezed my arm and she wasn't there anymore.



So yeah. Weird. If she's born on the first, I'm probably going to have a heart attack.

No comments: